Web Casting & Live Broadcasting
The e-mentor CMS in a special audiovisual edition allows the creation of corporate or brand TV expanding the site’s role with picture and sound.
Live broadcasting is realized with the use of audio-visual flow technology (streaming). The service provided is based on the most common, worldwide, technological platform of content distribution services. The web structure used for this service is constituted of:
- Content reception and processing system. The system receives and adjusts the content in order for it to be delivered to the end user via IP network. After the initial processing the subsystem encodes the video, by using an internal subsystem, in order to securely transfer it to the user via access and body networks.
- Content distribution extreme network. Assumes the communication management and the total interaction between users and system and processes in real time the users’ verification and access authorization to the services provided.
- Equipment provided to the carrier (cameras, consoles, software).
- Integrated management and control platform, for subsystems, content and users from a uniform environment.
The equipment provided and is required for the live broadcasting of events may be seen in the following diagram:
Video on demand - live broadcasting via web
The broadcasting and relay broadcasting of filmed material may be done live or on demand via the carrier’s portal. In order for this to be done Greek Geeks provides an audiovisual expansion of the portal. The most significant characteristics the portal obtains with the above mentioned expansion are:
- Digital material archive
- Metadata management (speaker, date, etc.)
- Search via metadata in the digital archive
- Specification of user’s rights to content
Website visitors may see content as a direct choice with their entry to the portal’s home page or by selecting log in the system with the use of user name and password depending on requirements.