All the applications we develop go through a series of tests in order to ensure their quality, stability and security.
Because web based applications are open to a number of external users, access means (different operation systems, browsers, devices, etc.) they are more vulnerable and require strong security. To ensure a smooth and without errors operation we conduct the following checks:
- Markup quality check: in order to check that the html code has no errors we use the W3C Markup Validation Service. The stylesheets code is checked through the CSS Validation Service. Link check: the broken links check is done by using the W3C Link Checker and Xenu's Link Sleuth tools.
- Access check: Access by people with special needs is checked by the Cynthia Says (http://www.cynthiasays.com) and Total Validator http://www.totalvalidator.com) services.
- Weigh and response speed check: the page weight and its download speed are checked by WebSiteOptimization (http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze) and the Yahoo YSlow services.
- Performance and load endurance checks: the performance check is made with the parallel use of stress test tools such as the Apache Jmeter and the Microsoft Web Application Stress Tool and profiling tools such as the SQL Server Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Security checks: for the web applications security checks we use the Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner application which includes automatic checks for the following vulnerable points:
- SQL Injection.
- Cross site scripting.
- Web Security (port scanning και weak passwords).
- Directory Traversal.
- Ajax Application Security.
- Google Hacking.